Tết, is Vietnamese New Year, is the most important celebration in Vietnamese culture. The word is a shortened form of Tết Nguyên Đán (Nôm: 節元旦), which means “Feast of the First Morning of the First Day”. Tết celebrates the arrival of spring based on the Lunar calendar which usually has the date falling between the months of January or February.
- “Chúc Mừng Năm Mới” – (Happy New Year)
- “Cung Chúc Tân Xuân” – (gracious wishes of the new spring).
- Sống lâu trăm tuổi – (Long life of 100 years), from kids to elders
- An khang thịnh vượng – (安康興旺, Security, good health, and prosperity)
- Vạn sự như ý – (萬事如意, May myriad things go according to your will)
- Sức khỏe dồi dào – (Plenty of health)
- Cung hỉ phát tài, from the Cantonese Kung hei fat choy (恭喜發財, Congratulations and be prosperous)
- Tiền vô như nước (May money flow in like water)
More about Tet – wikipedia