Banh Khot is Vietnamese mini crispy shrimp pancake, is a little cousin of Banh Xeo. The batter contains rice flour, water, turmeric powder, coconut milk. It tops with shrimp, diced green onion, and cooked mung bean. Banh Khot is served with Nuoc Cham and vegetable plate.
To make Banh Khot, you will need a mold that is available at big Asian super markets in the US. You can use small skillet if you do not have Banh Khot mold.
Batter (same batter as Banh Xeo from Enjoy Life)
3/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz cold club soda
2 tbs coconut oil
2 green onions, green part only, sliced
- Mix batter ingredients together, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Add beer into the batter for crunchy Banh Khot.
- You can buy ready mixed Banh Xeo flour . Link to online 99 supermarket.
- Southern traditional “Banh” Festival – (in Vietnamese), link to original pictures
- Recipe of banh-khot from trucvy-zoe