This is the recipe for the best chicken teriyaki. The chicken thighs or legs are marinated in Korean sauce overnight, then bake or grill. The chicken thighs are very juicy and tender. The sweet and spicy homemade teriyaki sauce enhance the flavor of the chicken.
- 1 1/2 lb of chicken legs, thighs or wings; cleaned and trim fat from thighs
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- Korean marinate sauce (our recipe)
- Teriyaki sauce (our recipe)
- 1 Scallion greens, diced
- In Ziploc bag, combine marinate sauce, meat, shake to mix well. Marinate meat in sauce for 4 to 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees.
- Line baking pans with aluminum foil. This will make cleanup easy. Place chicken with skin face up in baking pan. Bake chicken in middle rack for 30 minutes, and the chicken completely cooked. Test chicken with folk, and no blood juice comes out. If the skins are not golden, turn up the heat to 425 degrees, broil the meat for another 5 minutes.
- Optional step. Next, we’ll make the skin extra crispiness. Use nonstick skillet, add very little oil, you quickly sear the skin on high heat.
- Pour in to the chicken skillet, 1 cup of homemade Teriyaki sauce that is enough to coat all chicken pieces. Cook chicken for another 5 minutes in medium heat. Add scallion, mix well.
- Serve chicken with steamed rice, and vegetables.
- If you do not eat chicken skins, do not remove the skins until you eat the chicken. The skin keeps the chicken moist.
- After baking, we remove most of the fats from the thighs.
- Marinating chicken overnight, makes the chicken tender and juicy after grilling or baking.
- You also can grill the chicken thighs and glaze them with BBQ sauce.