Salty egg york is savory, and used in Vietnamese and Chinese gourmet special occasion dishes like moon cakes, cha hoa, fried rice. Tuyet uses this recipe to make salty eggs her moon cakes. It is easy recipe and the salty eggs always turn out perfect.
- 1 dozen of chicken eggs
- Kosher salt
- rice wine or cooking wine
- ziploc bag
- Pour wine in to small bowl. Put some salt to a plate.
- Dip eggs into wine. Roll eggs into the salt and well coated.
- Place eggs into ziploc bag.
- Repeat until finishing all eggs
- Pour 1/2 cup of extra salt into the ziploc bag, and close bag.
- Eggs are mature in 20 – 30 days.