Banh Khoai Mi Nuong is a baked cassava cake, made from grated cassava, eggs, coconut milk and sugar. For rich cake, we also add cooked mung bean and butter into the cake batter.
In Malaysia and Singapore, Kuih Bingka Ubi is cassava cake.
- Recipe – from RunAwayRice – eggless. Best to use this recipe and add 1 egg.
- Recipe from Enjoy Life – with egg
- For light cooking, butter is melted and glazed on the cake after baking.
- Do not place soft butter pieces on the top of batter before baking, may create uneven top color after baking.
- This cake is easy to make by just mixing all ingredients and bake. Depend on your taste, you can adjust the ingredients. If the cake is not sweet and rich enough, it’s tasteless. Use cooked mung bean to enhance the cake flavor, but you can omit it.
- For rich cake, add egg, cooked mung bean, coconut milk and butter into the batter.