- Recipe: Bi Cuon Chay – Vegetarian spring rolls
- Recipe: Bi Chay – Vegetarian shredded tofu mixture for spring rolls
- Recipe: Cha Gio Chay – vegetarian egg rolls
- Cha Lua Ga – Chicken Sausage wrapped in banana leaves
- Banh Cuon – Pork crepes
- Banh Ong – pipe pandan rice cakes
- Cha Khoai Chien – potato pancakes
- Banh Da Lon – layer pandan rice cakes
- Che dau den – sweet black bean with coconut soup
Add more images here!
- Banh Mi – sandwitches
- Banh Man – savory dumpling, rice cake, pastry
- Banh Ngot – sweet dumpling, rice cake, pastry
- Beef Dishes
- Chicken Dishes
- Ham and sausage
- Pork Dishes
- Poultry Dishes (chicken, duck)
- Rice dishes
- Salad Trays
- Seafood: shrimp, fish
- Tofu – link to outside http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/
- Xoi Man
- Xoi Ngot
Ca Chien, deep fried fish is a simple and delicious dish, and it goes well with hot steamed rice. If you love deep fried mackerel at Japanese restaurants, you should try the deep fried butterfish, because is tasty fish.
Last week, I went to the 99 Ranch Market, Chinese supermarket. At the seafood section, I saw 3 Chinese women who were selecting the Butterfish. The ladies told me that it was ” fatty and sweet fish.” I knew it would be a good fish to try.
I seasoned the fish with cayenne, garlic power, ginger power, and generous amount of salt. Then I deep fried them in non-stick fry pan both sides until golden. The fish was very tasty and savory. I enjoyed every bite of fish with light soy sauce and hot steam rice. It brought me back to my childhood, when I ate deep fried Chinese salty fish or “Kho ca Lo-Tho” (sun dried Lo-Tho fish) with super hot steam rice or congee. How delicious it was!
- 4 butterfish, cleaned, washed, rinsed
- Seasoning: cayenne, garlic power, ginger power, 2 teaspoon of salt
- Soy sauce
- Hot sauce
- Cooking Oil
Use paper towels to dry the fish. Marinade the fish with seasoning mixture for 5 minutes. Pour some cooking oil in the non-stick fry pan, set medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, deep fry the fish until both sides become golden. Do not turn the fish until one side completely golden. Serve fish with hot steam rice, soy sauce and hot sauce.
Banh Ong is special steam rice cake in Tra Vinh and Mekong Delta. It’s very cheap dessert, sold at farmer markets. The warm cake is served with fresh shredded coconut, sugar, roast sesame seeds and salt. The cake is light, fluffy, tasty and has pandan and coconut aroma.
Che Dau Den – Sweet black bean soup
Che Dau Den, is Vietnamese sweet black bean with coconut milk soup. Below is the quick and easy recipe how to cook this dessert in 15 minutes.
©2015 Tra Vinh Networks. All Rights Reserved.