1- Pacif-i. It is a baby dummy containing a thermometer, and sends readings to a parent’s smartphone by bluetooth. It will alert you when your baby has a fever, and whether medicine is having an effect. Ship in May. Continue reading “Baby baby: The tech that rocks the cradle”
Before buying tablets under $200, you should do some research by following the bellow guide.
Guide to buy cheap tablets
- Only buy cheap tablets from popular companies like: Dell, HP, Asus, Lenovo
- Do not buy unknown made-in-china tablets sold at Sear, Walmart, Bestbuy
- Check special holidays or weekend deals for computers and tablets to get further discount.
- Read tablet reviews from Amazon to eliminate bad tablets
- Understand the tablet specifications. When compare 2 tablets, pick the one with higher number or size.
- Speed and storage: processor, ram, hard drive (for storage) :
- screen resolution,
- camera resolution
- display size: 7 in or 8 in
- Operation system: iOS (Apple), Windows 8.1 (Microsoft), or Android (Google)
In the US, the best tablet deal for this week is from Microsoft Store, HP Stream 7” tablet is $79. The specs
- 7-inch HD IPS, touchscreen 800×1280
- Intel Atom processor Z3735G
- 1GB memory/32GB SSD (hard drive)
- Includes Office 365 Personal for 1 year
Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is used to mirror windows/android phone, tablet or PC screen to HDTV
Technology: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Miracast®
Computer/Operating System: Miracast® enabled Windows 8.1 tablets/laptops/phones and Android devices with 4.2.1 and later.
Pro: Easy to set up, small, wireless, no Wifi required (do not need internet access). High quality audio and video. Good for watching movie, project demos, show photos.
Con: Expensive $60. Not for editing large document due to video delaying
How to connect: Just plug the USB and HDMI from the Wireless Display Adapter into your HDTV or monitor,
Where to buy: Microsoft Store, Best Buy.
Amazon Fire Stick ($39) and Google Chromecast ($30) are much cheaper, can mirror screens of android phone and tablets (not Windows 8.1). However, these devices needs WIFI (internet access), else they do not work.
I connect the Microsoft wireless adapter display (MWAD) with Samsung, Vizio, and Sony TV. They works well, and delivers good video and audio for my phone and computers and tablets.
- Cheap Tablets under $200: HP Stream 7 (windows 8.1), Asus Vivo Tab 8 (windows 8.1)
- Laptops: Dell Inspiron 15 R(windows 8.1), Microsoft Surface
- Android phone: Samsung Galaxy S5.
Microsoft Surface and Samsung Galaxy S5 phone quickly detects and connects to MWAD. Dell laptop detects and connects to MWAD slower than tablets. I watch videos from Youtube from the project screen on the TVs. The video and sound quality is good for all computers, tablets and phone. I tried to edit Facebook files on the mirror screen, it was slow due to video delaying.
©2015 Tra Vinh Networks. All Rights Reserved.