We usually make Bi Cuon Chay, is Vietnamese vegetarian spring rolls when we have party at home. Bi Cuon Chay rolls are savory and delicious, everyone loves it.
- 1 packet of rice papers (10-12 in)
- 1 cucumber. Cut the cucumber into 2-3 inch matchsticks
- Lettuces with big leaves
- Herbs: Vietnamese herbs (rau ram, rau tia to, basils, mints)
- Cooked rice noodles (optional)
- Bi Chay
- Make Vegan Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce. Keep sauce in a jar, and store in refrigerator until serve.
- Make Bi Chay in advance. Recipe of Bi Chay
- Make spring rolls. See instruction of how to wrap spring rolls with rice papers
- Serve spring rolls with dipping sauce.
Cooking Tips for Bi Chay
- Use Japanese sweet potatoes, do not use yam (very mushy)
- Do not deep fried Jicama since it absorbs cooking oil easily. The best way to cook jicama is to cook it in microwave for 6 minutes then stir fried it with other ingredients.