My family recipe is in the sweet side, so you’ll need to adjust the amount of sugar and soy sauce to your taste.
- Taste: “sweet savory lemonade”
- Aroma: combination of lime, garlic, red pepper
Nuoc Cham Chay
- 1/2 cup light color soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce Sriracha (Huy Fong Foods)
- 1 hot chili pepper, minced (optional)
In a small bowl mix all ingredients. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Adjust sugar, soy sauce, water to your taste. Transfer the sauce into a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
If you’re a garlic lover, add 2 cloves of mashed garlic into the sauce.
Nuoc Cham Chay should be kept in refrigerator, and it is last for about 2 months.
- For better color, reduce amount of soy sauce and add salt to taste
- Use hot sauce Sriracha to enhance the dipping sauce color and flavor.
- It’s best to use lime juice without vinegar, but the sauce does not last long.
- To enhance the sauce flavor, use 7-up, coconut juice from can, but need to adjust sugar.
Vegetarian dishes served with Nuoc Cham Chay